In 1908, Beauchamp & How was founded by Walter Beauchamp Sr. and Alfred How. Their shop was located in an area of King Street where there were 45 shops, 20 of them tailors! It was during this time that they also coined the phrase "Tailors' Row". Other tailors may have used the term colloquially, but Walter's appropriation of it was an early indication of his business savvy.
Beauchamp & How would go on to establish themselves as both bespoke and military tailors; As a trusted tailor for many of Canada's Armed Forces, this a tradition we are very proud of.
Serving Toronto's elite from 1908, they would also go on to acquire the businesses and clients of a few prominent Toronto tailors.
In 1969, Walter Beauchamp Jr. would buy the company Beauchamp & How and would rename it Walter Beauchamp Tailors. In 1971, the company would altogether move from King Street, Tailors' Row, to 18 Adelaide Street. This is where the third generation of the Beauchamp family, Terry, would start his career.
TO BE CONTINUED...